Experience the flavors of the Greek countryside with this authentic village-style Skordalia recipe. Skordalia is a traditional Greek garlic dip that's creamy, savory, and bursting with Mediterranean flavors. Made with simple ingredients, including Rallis Olive Oil, this recipe is a delightful addition to your mezze spread or as a side dish for grilled meats and vegetables. Let's dive into the heart of Greece and prepare this delicious Skordalia together!
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
For the Skordalia:
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Rallis Olive Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Extra Rallis Olive Oil for drizzling
- Boil the Potatoes
- Place the potato chunks in a large pot, cover them with cold water, and add a pinch of salt.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Prepare the Garlic
- While the potatoes are cooking, mince the garlic cloves finely. You can use a garlic press for a smoother consistency.
- Drain and Mash
- Drain the cooked potatoes thoroughly and transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the potatoes while they're still hot. A potato masher or fork works well for this.
- Incorporate the Garlic and Olive Oil
- Add the minced garlic to the mashed potatoes.
- Slowly drizzle in the Rallis Olive Oil while continuously mixing. This will create a creamy emulsion.
- Balance with Vinegar
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar. Taste and adjust the acidity by adding more vinegar if needed. Skordalia should have a pleasant tang.
- Season and Chill
- Season the Skordalia with salt and freshly ground black pepper according to your taste.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the Skordalia for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- When ready to serve, transfer the Skordalia to a serving dish.
- Garnish with a generous drizzle of Rallis Olive Oil and finely chopped fresh parsley.
Enjoy the Taste of Greece
This authentic village-style Skordalia recipe captures the essence of traditional Greek cuisine. The creamy texture of mashed potatoes, the boldness of garlic, and the richness of Rallis Olive Oil combine to create a dip that's both comforting and indulgent. Serve it as part of your mezze platter, alongside pita bread, fresh vegetables, or as a side dish for grilled meats.
Experience the Mediterranean flavors in every bite and savor the magic of Greece with Rallis Olive Oil. Enjoy!