Chocolate cookies are a classic treat that everyone loves, but have you ever tried adding olive oil to them? By substituting Rallis Olive Oil for butter or vegetable oil, you can create a unique and delicious twist on the classic cookie. Not only does it add a distinct flavor, but it also provides numerous health benefits. Rallis Olive Oil is known for its high content of healthy fats, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory compounds, all of which can help reduce the risk of heart disease, lower cholesterol levels, and improve overall health.
But don't let the health benefits fool you; these cookies are every bit as indulgent and delicious as their buttery counterparts. The combination of chocolate and olive oil creates a rich and complex flavor that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. The addition of a sprinkle of sea salt on top adds a touch of sophistication and brings out the depth of flavor in the chocolate.
This recipe is not only easy to make, but also versatile. You can use it as a base for other add-ins, such as nuts, dried fruit, or even chili powder for a spicy kick. The cookies also make a great gift or party favor, as they are sure to impress and delight anyone who tries them.
So, if you're looking for a unique and delicious twist on the classic chocolate cookie, give this chocolate olive oil cookie recipe a try. It's a perfect way to incorporate the health benefits of olive oil into your dessert, while still enjoying the rich and indulgent chocolate flavor.
- 1/2 cup Rallis olive oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- sea salt (for sprinkling on top, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and continue to whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, portion the dough into balls and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are set and the tops are slightly cracked.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely
- Serve and enjoy your delicious chocolate olive oil cookies!