This is one of our favourite easy and delicious meals. It is perfect for the Spring season. This refreshing and flavorful dish is not only satisfying, but it's also packed with a variety of nutrients that will leave you feeling nourished and energized. Best of all, this recipe is incredibly easy to make and can be customized to your liking with your favorite pasta and fresh vegetables.
One of the key ingredients in this recipe is our Rallis High Polyphenol Olive Oil. Pressed 20-30x colder than cold pressed olive oil, our oil is super rich in peppery flavour derived from the korneiki olives that we grow in our orchards in Southern Greece. As well as tasting great, our olive oil adds a burst of polyphenols, a type of antioxidant that has been shown to reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure, and improve heart health.
In addition to the health benefits of Rallis High Polyphenol Olive Oil, this recipe also includes a variety of fresh vegetables that provide an array of nutrients. Cherry tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, and lycopene, while cucumbers are low in calories and high in vitamin K and potassium. Red onions are rich in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties, while olives provide healthy fats and fiber. If you choose to use Feta Cheese, it will add a delicious salty tang to the dish and is a good source of calcium and protein.
- 8 oz bow tie pasta
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1 roasted red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup Rallis High Polyphenol Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large cloved minced garlic
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled pasta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives, spinach, and optional roasted red pepper and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Rallis High Polyphenol Olive Oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, to allow the flavors to meld together.
Not only is this Mediterranean Pasta Salad easy to make and bursting with flavor, but it's also incredibly versatile. You can swap out the vegetables for your favorites, add in some grilled chicken or shrimp for extra protein, or even mix up the dressing to try different flavor combinations. Whether you're looking for a quick and healthy lunch or an easy dinner that's perfect for warm weather, this recipe is sure to become a staple in your meal rotation. And with the added benefits of Rallis High Polyphenol Olive Oil, you can feel good about indulging in this delicious and nutritious dish.